Service Advisor - Darwin
Vanderfield has been operating for over 50 years and is a respected group of agricultural machinery and truck dealerships throughout regional Australia. Vanderfield supports its customers by providing Sales, Service, and Parts for our industry-leading products, which include John Deere, Hino, and Manitou. At Vanderfield, we pride ourselves on developing our people so that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills, which enable them to provide exceptional service to our valued customers.
Darwin is a city of over 145,000 people. As the capital of the Northern Territory, Darwin offers a wide range of educational services, public and private hospitals, sporting facilities and many shopping and dining options. There is a variety of festivals and arts and entertainment events on offer throughout the year. The area and nearby national park are perfect for outdoor activities, including fishing, sailing, cruising and bushwalking.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a suitably experienced Service Advisor to join our team in Darwin. The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Service Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Service Department
- Maintain accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the Service Department
- Allocate work to Technicians and Apprentices ensuring they have the sufficient skill level to perform the work
- Liaise with customers to ensure the repairs are performed within their budget and requirements and within the required time frame
- Liaise with the Parts Department to ensure the parts required for Technicians are available
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Trade qualification (mechanical) preferred
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong organisational skills
- Srtong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of service operations
- Strong computer skills
About the Benefits
As a valued employee of Vanderfield, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth
- Ongoing training and support
- Above award rate
- Great career advancement and opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vanderfield is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please enter complete the fields below and upload your resume, which should include the contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Andrew Simon, Branch Manager on 0408 824 811.