Heavy Vehicle Mechanic - Roma
Perform the mechanical repairs of machinery and perform Pre-Deliveries as instructed. Repairs must be performed in a professional and tradesman like manner in accordance with industry accepted good practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- General maintenance and repair of Trucks, Machinery and Equipment;
- Diagnosis and fault finding on trucks, machinery and equipment;
- Participates in Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge;
- Pre-delivery of new Hino and other products;
- Maintains current knowledge of Trucks/Diesel machinery and competitive products;
- Trade certificate in Heavy Vehicle/Diesel;
- 3-5 years of experience performing repairs;
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures;
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of trucks and equipment;
- Ability to operate trucks and equipment used for diagnostic purposes;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to carry out manual labour including repetitive lifting;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Fork lift license preferred.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
For further information, please contact the Branch Manager, Charlie Millard on 0418 827 311